Are you new to the site? Welcome!
What is this site all about? Clever Builder is run by me, Tom Donohue (that’s me on the right). Here I write tutorials and articles for developers and engineers like you. I try to write clean, easy-to-read tutorials.
If there’s anything you’d like to see on the site, please feel free to drop it in the comments below at the bottom of this page!
Anyway, here are the articles I recommend if you’re a first-time visitor. They’re my most popular articles, grouped by subject:
- Apache Camel Tutorial Part 1: An introduction to Apache Camel; creating a project from an archetype, importing into Eclipse and running the project
- How to use Maven with Apache Camel: How to use Maven to create, test and run your Apache Camel projects; using a
main()class, using Spring Boot, or using the Camel Maven plugin.
- Camel’s choice() and when() with examples: How to use the Content Based Router in Camel, and an introduction to the different options available for writing conditions. Along the way there’s also some example code.
- Creating a simple web service in Apache Camel using Jetty: How to use Camel’s jetty component to create two simple web services - a hello world service, and a clock service
- Spring Boot properties and Camel routes - an example: How to manage your Camel application’s configuration using properties in Spring Boot
Docker + Kubernetes
- How to choose a parent Docker image for standalone Java apps: Learn the most common Docker parent images for Java apps, along with a checklist to help you choose a good Docker parent image for your next project.
- 7 tips to make your Java applications ready for Kubernetes: a list of some of the top things I think you need to know when developing Java applications that will run on Kubernetes.